Basic Focaccia Dough
- 2 3/4 Cup bread flour ((380 grams))
- 1 Cup semolina flour ((192 grams))
- 1 1/2 Cups water ((360 grams))
- 1 1/2 Tsp active dry yeast ((17 grams))
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt ((7.5 grams))
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, beat bread flour, semolina flour and water at low speed until combined, about one minute. Sprinkle yeast on top of dough, and let stand for 10 minutes.
Add salt, and beat at low speed until combined, Increase mixer speed to medium-high, and beat until dough becomes smooth and elastic, 2 – 3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low. With mixer running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Beat until incorporated 1 to 2 minutes.
Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let stand in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment, and brush lightly with olive oil.
Turn out dough onto prepared pan. Using your fingertips, gently press dough into a 14 x 12″ rectangle. Dimple the dough with your fingertips.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Drizzle with olive oil.
- To make Rosemary Focaccia, add 1/4 C. chopped fresh rosemary with flours and water.